A Full 10-Step Routine for Dry Skin
Keeping a full 10-step routine for dry skin can sound a little daunting, but the Korean skincare industry has developed the ultimate method to achieving healthier skin within just days when following these simple steps.
Of course, it doesn’t require as much time as it may seem. On the contrary, it consists of observing 10 weekly steps to provide your skin the proper care it deserves. Here are the 10 steps for taking care of your dry skin during the winter:
- Oil cleanser: Excellent for removing impurities and replenishing moisture during the winter. An oil cleanser, lavender or coconut, for example, will help you eliminate all residues.
- Foam Cleanser: This type of product is much softer than the usual soaps that we use to wash our hands. Usually, after removing your makeup, there is still residue on your face. This is where the Foam cleanser will help wash all of it away.
- Exfoliator: Exfoliation helps prevent clogged pores as it removes dead skin cells and impurities. This is a weekly step in the routine to avoid further irritation.
- Toner: It helps hydrate your skin after cleansing and prepares it to absorb the moisturizing creams that make up the rest of the list.
- Essence: A completely innovative step for us Westerners, applying Essence is a fundamental step for Korean women. It is similar to serum or a booster, but its consistency is lighter, making its application easier and gentler with your skin.
- Serums, Ampoules, and Boosters: They are the current rage of social networks. Especially useful to fight sunspots and pigmentation, most formulas have a bleaching effect and a high content of vitamin C that helps prevent premature aging.
- Masks: According to your skin complexion, you can find an infinite range of homemade masks, sheet masks and peel-off sheets which are especially essential to recapture moisture loss during winter.
- Eye Creams: Eyes are the most sensitive area on your face, and this area is prone to early wrinkles. Always apply them patting the product delicately. Several options can help you fight fine lines, dark circles, and bags under the eyes.
- Face Cream: Essential for all beauty routines, applying facial cream is a must to moisturize your skin every day before applying makeup, and every night before going to sleep.
- SPF: Last but certainly not least, the Sun Protection Factor should be present on all of your facial products, including makeup. UV rays and free radicals accelerate aging and reduce collagen production even during winter, so it is important to keep applying SPF several times a day. A Mineral sunscreen is recommended.