It's Almost Spring ~Time to Renew your Wellness Resolutions
It's the beginning of March which means Spring is just around the corner! Pretty soon, you will start to hear the birds chirping, Cherry Blossom trees and flowers will be blooming, days will be getting longer and the weather will become warmer. With the renewal of nature, it's a good time to renew your health and wellness resolutions as well.
Short Term vs. Long Term Goals
Like millions of people, you probably made some resolutions in the New Year to lose weight, get healthy, stop smoking etc. And like millions of these people, you probably did not meet those goals. Statistics show that 80% of people will not stick to their resolutions by springtime. That's why it's a good idea to look at those resolutions and renew them now. In fact, you should consider looking at your resolutions on a quarterly basis rather than yearly. Why? Here's why: In the corporate world, goals are looked at quarterly. This helps a company re-evaluate and look at the outcome of these goals and measure success or failure. By looking at the outcome, these goals can be revisited and refined to achieve success. Short term objectives help keep better track of the goal in order to achieve positive results. Similarly, you can use this method towards your health and wellness goals by looking at them quarterly. Start your resolutions in January and track them to March. Look at the accomplishments (or fails) and review what has worked and what has not worked. Fix those fails and renew (or modify) your resolutions and move forward towards the next three months to May. Keep doing this consistently until the next few months and so on and so forth. You will find that you will achieve your resolutions better and be able to meet your short term goals and find success in the long run by monitoring them on a quarterly basis. There is obviously a reason why companies are using this method so why not utilize the same for your personal goals.
How to Achieve Success
Here are some methods to help you find success in achieving your resolutions.
1. Look at your goals and see if they are practical. Did they work or didn't they work? If they didn't work then revisit them and see what you can do to modify in order to avoid falling off the bandwagon. For example, if you resolve to lose 5 pounds in one week then perhaps look at a more realistic goal and aim for 2 pounds in the week. Another example is, rather than committing to exercising everyday, aim for 3 to 4 times in a week. This way, you will make your resolutions more achievable and attainable without the added stress.
2. Write down your goals. Once you have revisited and revised your goals, write them down on a piece of paper. Write the date, the goal, your actions to achieve this and track your results. This will help you keep track of your goal and see your progress to the end. Keep this paper where you can see it everyday. To keep you accountable and get you started, we can create a customized "plan on a page" for you and help you identify your goals. Furthermore, we will provide you with solutions and recommendations for you to achieve each of your goals. We will provide this to you FREE of charge.
3. Get the right tools and resources. As mentioned, we can provide you with the most important tool - your customized goal "plan on a page". Along with this, you want to better equip yourself with the right tools. For example, if you are trying to exercise more then invest in a Fitbit to help you keep track of your steps, activity, heart rate, and more. Or, if you need to drink more water in the day, then get a Smart Water Bottle that tracks your water intake and reminds you to stay hydrated. *You can purchase these products directly through Amazon and the links are provided at the bottom to help you get started.
4. Once you have the right tools and resources, put them to action. Keep consistent and make this a daily habit. To achieve success, practice this regularly because once you do, it will become second nature - like brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. Consistency and persistence are vital ingredients in creating a habit. By looking at your written plan on page everyday, you are creating a habit. If you have a goal to sleep by 10 p.m. each night then follow that consistently and track your results every time you sleep at 10 p.m. If you do this enough times then you will start doing this naturally without thinking.
5. Lastly, you're only human! Don't beat yourself up if you didn't follow the plan one day. Get back on track the next day and don't beat yourself up over it. Just move forward because one little setback should not let you hinder your progress. Setbacks can happen at times but if you stay persistent, don't quit and keep moving forward then you will see the positive results from your efforts.
*Here are the links to Amazon to purchase the tools I mentioned:
Hidrate Spark Smart Water Bottle: https://amzn.to/3qgwCFT
If you feel inspired to make a positive change but don't know where or how to start, remember we are here to offer help with natural solutions for your health and wellness.
Contact us when you are ready to learn more about any of these options, and let us help you improve how you feel about yourself.