The Importance of Skin Care for Mental Health
1. Develop a Routine
This is a time of instability with the pandemic. Pre-pandemic routines have changed and now the "new normal" has kicked in which has affected our daily lives. In addition, the worry and anxiety during these uncertain times takes a toll on our mental health.
It's very important to have a daily routine as it creates a stable and secure environment which can aid our mental health in a positive way.
One way you can do this is by developing a daily skin care routine. With regular skin care, you feel like you have control over your life. It provides a sense of stability and helps you get into a routine of self care. When you take care of yourself, you feel pampered and loved, which gives you a boost of happiness.
2. Covid 19 Skin Care Self Plan
What you need is a Covid 19 skin care self plan. Why? Because it will help you keep committed to following a routine that will take care of your health and your body's largest organ - which is your skin!!
Here is how you can create your pandemic skin care routine plan:
1. Commit to doing this everyday.
2. Follow the basics of skin care: cleanse and moisturize.
3. Upon waking up, cleanse, moisturize and put sunscreen on your face. Take a few extra minutes to massage your face. Feel the warmth of your fingers caressing your skin and give yourself the tender loving care you deserve. This gives you an immediate boost to your mental health. Use non-toxic/natural products to reduce the harmful toxins entering your skin. Also, ensure that you use a proper natural mineral sunscreen*.
4. Thirty minutes before going to bed, cleanse, tone and moisturize your face. Take your time and use gentle massaging moves and feel the warmth of your fingers caressing your skin. Touch your face like you would to a loved one. Enjoy the moment! Again, use natural/non-toxic products where possible*
3. Benefits of Skin Care for Mental Health
By pampering your skin on a regular basis, it will help trigger the chemicals in your brain to boost your mood. This is a simple act of kindness to yourself which sends a powerful message to yourself saying "I am totally worth it".
Along with other self care habits like eating right, exercising and getting proper sleep, incorporate this skin care routine into your daily life to create structure. By incorporating this, you will notice the benefits it gives to your skin and your mental health.
I religiously follow this skin care self plan as it helps me focus on myself. Taking the time to nurture my skin gives me a sense of control over my mind and my body and not to mention, boost confidence!
If you feel inspired to make a positive change but don't know where or how to start, remember we are here to offer help with natural solutions for your health and wellness. We can help you revamp your lifestyle to a positive and healthy one. *Z Health and Wellness offers solutions as well as a line of high quality products to help you improve your skin care routine.
Contact us when you are ready to learn more about any of these options, and let us help you improve how you look and feel about yourself.